Saturday, November 10, 2007

Myrmidon (the word post...a little late)

Myrmidon - a follower who carries out orders without question.

In fact, there is an appropriate time and place for people to be myrmidon-like. Wedding photos.

Before today, I was completely opposed to the idea of someone who carries out orders or requests without any question. However, in order to expedite the post-wedding family/wedding party/bridal couple photographing process, it is absolutely necessary for everyone to be quiet and do as instructed by the photographer without hesitation.

The only problem that I see with this interpretation of myrmidon activity is the overall gray area of the definition fragment "without question".

Does this fragment mean merely that to be myrmidon, you must accept all without any question or doubt, OR, does it mean that you must accept without question or doubt yet you may still ask questions in order to clarify the directions or orders you have been given?

I do not know, but I am tired, and there is my myrmidon post :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home